This website www.hawkerandpeddlar.com is owned and operated by Hawker & Peddlar Suite23 Blackburn Enterprise Centre, Furthergate, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 3HQ
Changes to Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions from time to time so recommend that they are reviewed regularly. All changes are effective as and when they are published on the website
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- All trademarks, logos, images and content remain the property of Hawker & Peddlar and/or its associates, Licensors or suppliers.
- You are not permitted to copy, reproduce, duplicate or manipulate any of the content and/or designs and/or images without the express written consent of Hawker & Peddlar
Accuracy of Content
- Information displayed on this website is for guidance only and is provided in good faith and without warranty, and although every effort has been made to ensure all the product details, descriptions and prices are correct are for guidance only and are not binding.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the colour and design of the product appears as accurately as possible, however the actual colour you will see can very dependent upon your computer equipment and as such we cannot guarantee that the goods on delivery will reflect the colour on your computer.
- We strongly recommend that all customers use our sampling service to check the colour prior to placing any order.
- Any links from this site are for convenience only and should not be deemed as an endorsement for the products or services therewith.
- Hawker & Peddlar shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage arising from the use of the information contained within this site or in any linked site.
Damage to your computer
- Although every effort is made to ensure this site is free from viruses and defects unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that use of this website or those linked from it will not cause damage to your computer.
- Hawker & Peddlar will not be liable for any loss or damage caused from the use of this website
- Hawker & Peddlar are totally committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and/or visitors.
- We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where necessary to fulfil your order; arranging delivery, for completing credit card, security and credit checks and for customer research and profiling or wherever we have your express permission to do so
- We ask you to provide us with all the requested information as it is necessary for us to fulfil your order.
- We also ask that you maintain this information to allow us to keep you up-dated about your order and also to answer any queries you have about our website.
- We also use this information to keep you up to date with our latest product launches.
Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Hawker & Peddlar for as long as you use the services and systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you submit through any communication system we provide may be retained for a period of up to six months. We will always comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, your data will not be disclosed to or shared with third parties for any purposes.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR.
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
You have the right to view this information which Hawker & Peddlar hold about you, by writing to: Hawker & Peddlar, Suite 23, Blackburn Enterprise Centre, Furthergate, Blackburn BB1 3HQ
Please be assured that Hawker & Peddlar value your patronage and are committed to protecting all the information it collects about you and only collects information which will help us provide you with the best possible service and experience when using this website.
- All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price
- We will make delivery via a courier to locations within the UK mainland
- Deliveries outside this area could be made by arrangement
- All orders will be despatched within 5 working days unless there are exceptional circumstances such as a postal strike or force majeure
- When placing and order with Hawker & Peddlar you must be over 18 years of age and be legally capable of entering into a binding contract and posses a valid debit or credit card acceptable to us
- When an order is placed you will receive an e-mail, this e-mail is just an acknowledgement and does not constitute acceptance. A contract will be formed once the goods that you have ordered have been despatched to you
- Whilst we try to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices that appear on the website are correct some errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and ask you to re-confirm the order at the right price or to cancel
- If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods you will receive a full refund
- You will have seven working days to cancel your order following the delivery of the goods. This can be done by either contacting us in writing or at the following e-mail address;
- Customers are obliged, at their own expense to return the goods in a saleable condition
- The goods cannot be returned in the event that you are unhappy with the colour if you have bought the goods without first viewing a physical sample of that product
- The goods will be deemed to be returned only upon receipt of Hawker & Peddlar’s premises
- Returns for any other reason i.e. products are defective, will require investigation prior to agreeing a refund of any monies
- We will do this within a reasonable time period, usually 30 days, and will inform you of our decision
- We are unable to accept returns on sale items
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.)
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Woocommerce to power our online store. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Hawker and Peddlar
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer] Blackburn Enterprise Centre, Furthergate, Blackburn, BB1 3HQ, United Kingdom